Stay Home for a Steakhouse Supper: Roasted Garlic Creamed Spinach
- 1 large head of garlic, top trimmed to expose the cloves
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 cup half-n-half
- White pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 round tablespoon flour
- 2 10-ounce boxes chopped organic spinach, defrosted and wrung dry in a clean kitchen towel
Preheat oven to 425°F. Drizzle garlic with oil and season with a little salt. Wrap tightly in foil and roast garlic to soft, 45 minutes. Let cool to handle.
Combine garlic, half-n-half, salt, white pepper and a little nutmeg in a blender and purée. Adjust seasoning to taste.
In medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour. Cook 1 minute, add half-n-half mixture and bring to a bubble. Separate spinach with your fingertips as you add to the sauce. Simmer at a low bubble to thicken, 20-25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Hot Seafood Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- E.D. SMITH'S PUMPKIN PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Filet Mignon with Pomegranate-Wine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Eggplant with Onion and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BOURSIN GARLIC-FINE HERBS CHEESE... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Crescent City Creamed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Dip Knorr Recipe with... 0/5 (0 Votes)