Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole with Caramelized Onions
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound package ground pork sausage
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 (30 oz) pkg. frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 tsp. dried crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 mins. or until tender. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, until onions are browned and caramel-colored. Remove onions, and set aside.
Add sausage and mushrooms to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sausage is browned and crumbly; drain.
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, sausage mixture, hash brown potatoes, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, soup, sour cream, rosemary and pepper. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 30 mins. or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 10 mins. before serving.
You'll also love
- Oatmeal-Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Sesame Noodles with Peanuts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Peach Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Golden Beet and Red Onion Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Polynesian Chicken Salad with Baby... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chorizo and shrimp soup 0/5 (0 Votes)