TOMATILLO SPINACH ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 8 to 10 green onions, chopped and divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups Tomatillo Salsa, divided
- 2 cups Pepper Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped, divided (optional)
- 6 to 8 tortillas
Preparation time 25mins
Adapted from allfreecasserolerecipes.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, garlic, chilies, most of your onions (save a few for a garnish), spinach, 1 1/2 cups salsa, 1 1/2 cups of Pepper Jack and half of your cilantro with a spoon.
In an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish, spread 1/2 of your chicken mixture across the bottom. Top with a layer of tortillas. Repeat. Finish off by pouring remaining 1/2 cup of salsa over the top and topping with the rest of your cheese. Bake about 30 minutes or until bubbly and brown around the edges. Garnish with extra green onions and cilantro.