Vietnamese Noodle Bowl with Glazed Pork
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons (packed) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 4 boneless pork cutlets or chops (1 lb total), pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 small red chile (optional)
- 2/3 pound dried rice vermicelli
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cucumbers, cut into cubes
- 5 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 head green-leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp. fish sauce, the brown sugar, garlic and 2 tbsp. water, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Put the pork in a resealable bag, pour in the fish sauce mixture and massage to coat the pork. Let the pork marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a small jar or plastic container with a lid, shake the lime juice, remaining 1/4 cup fish sauce, the granulated sugar and chile, if using, to make the dressing.
3. Add the vermicelli to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
4. In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over high heat until smoking. Add the pork, reserving the marinade. Cook, turning once, until the meat is golden-brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the marinade into the skillet and cook, turning the pork once, until the marinade is thickened to a glaze, about 30 seconds. Transfer the pork to a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain.
5. Divide the noodles among bowls. Arrange the pork, cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, cilantro and mint on top. Pour on the dressing before eating.
You'll also love
- Warm Balsamic Kale Salad 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Sausage Pinwheels 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Turkey Meatballs 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower,... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken Peanut Noodles 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Spicy Pork Noodle Bowl 4.3/5 (10 Votes)