Spiced Pork in Parmesan Cups
Parmesan cups are easy to make and so festive for this Italian inspired appetizer with browned pork in a tomato sauce and arugula.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 cups arugula leaves
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from eatineatout.ca
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment. With a pencil, draw 3-inch circles on the parchment. Spread 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan to fill each circle.
Bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until just lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool 1 to 2 minutes. To make bowls, carefully lift each warm circle off the parchment with a spatula and press into a mini-tarlet pan to form a cup.
Allow them to cool.
In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, sauté pork and onions, breaking up with the side of a spoon to make a small crumble. Add oregano, basil, parsley and continue until pork is cooked through. Stir in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add a few arugula leaves in each Parmesan cup, and top with a tablespoon of pork mixture.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Vegan Stuffing 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Kale Salad with Root Vegetables... 4/5 (36 Votes)
- Skinny Green Chile Chicken... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- White Castle Turkey Stuffing 3.7/5 (113 Votes)
- Thai-Spiced Deviled Eggs 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Ground Beef Enchiladas - Pioneer... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Soy Sauce-Marinated Pork Chops 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork and beans and hot dog... 3.9/5 (35 Votes)