SWEET POTATO PIE
- 6 potatoes medium: boil to soft
- 3 sticks butter
- 18 eggs
- 2 c sugar + 3/4 cup more
- 1 level tablespoon baking powder
- 2 T nutmeg + a little more to taste
- 2 T vanilla
Adapted from steveharveytv.com
Drain and put potatoes in warm 250F oven 10 min to dry out. Mix in 3 sticks butter. Mash to smooth. Use whisk to get out strings from potatoes. Repeat whisking the mix and rinsing off strings until no strings are left.
Whisk eggs well in separate bowl and add to potatoes. Stir good. Start adding sugar. Taste. Add3/4 more cup. Stir. Add baking powder. Add nutmeg to taste. Add vanilla.
Damp the edges of pie crust with paper towel. Put the custard in unbaked crust and bake on 250F approx 2 hours. Watch it to see when pie starts browning. (Deep dish will take even longer).
Makes approx 3 deep dish pies
You'll also love
- Herbed Sausage Pan Pizzas 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Vegetable Ragu with Creamy... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemongrass Chicken Broth and... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream with Salted... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ham, Green Beans &... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Baked Ziti 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (5 Votes)