Spring Pea & Tofu Dip
Spring peas and tofu combine quickly in a food processor with mint and scallions for a colorful, protein-packed dip. Serve with fresh cut vegetables, tortilla or pita chips, assorted crackers, and/or toasted bread points for dipping and spreading this luscious dip. Scallions add a nice pop of freshness as a garnish and bring our the silky flavors of the tofu and the sweet spring peas.
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas, or fresh peas, sweet baby variety
- 8 ounces light silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground, or to taste
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, fresh, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup uncooked scallions, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Bring a medium saucepan half full of water to a boil Add peas. Return to a boil; boil 1 minute to soften skins. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again.
Put peas into the bowl of a food processor. Add tofu, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Process until mixture is smooth.
Add mint and scallions. Pulse until finely chopped.
Scrape mixture into a bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend (or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days). Garnish with additional sliced scallions or mint, if desired.
You'll also love
- Jiao Zi Chinese Dumplings 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fruit Dip 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Glazed Spiced Pumpkin Bars 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Auntie Vila's Keke Pua'a (Samoan... 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dip 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Severed Fingers Halloween Cookies 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Halloween Layered Fudge 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Halloween Muddy Buddy Mix 4.5/5 (20 Votes)