Halloween Muddy Buddy Mix
Everybody loves a good Muddy Buddy mix! Cereal coated with a chocolate peanut butter mixture, then tossed with powdered sugar and Halloween candies. Halloween Muddy Buddy Mix is the perfect appetizer, snack, or wickedly delicious treat for your Halloween party or pack this mix up in individual snack bags and take them with you on your trick-or-treating adventure.
- 9 cups corn or Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- 1 1/2 cups Reese’s Pieces
- 2 cups pretzels (can be the minis, regular, sticks)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from sweettreatsmore.com
Pour Chex Cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter together on high for one minute. Stir and return to microwave, microwaving in 30-second increments until melted together and smooth. Stir in vanilla.
Pour chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the cereal and gently stir to coat. I like to put on a pair of kitchen gloves and use my hands to toss the cereal in the chocolate so I don’t crush it. Place cereal in a large ziptop bag, pour powdered sugar in, seal and shake until evenly coated.
Spread cereal out on to wax paper and let cool completely.
In a large bowl combine cereal, candy corn, Reese’s Pieces, and pretzels. Store in an air-tight container.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker 5-Minute Macaroni... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Southwestern Pot Roast 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Sufganiyot, Israeli Jelly Donuts... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Halloween Brew 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Gooey Monster Eye Cookies 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Spooky Spider Cupcakes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Halloween DEVILed Eggs 4.5/5 (28 Votes)