P. F. Chang's Chicken With Black Bean Sauce
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions (white part only)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces Peking Stir-Fry Sauce (see recipe)
- 2 teaspoons fermented black beans
- 12 ounces unseasoned chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash freshly-ground white pepper
Cut whole chicken breasts in half so you have 8 breast filets. Cut all breast filets on a bias. Marinate with 1 egg, 2 tablespoons canola oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
Heat wok until very hot. Add oil, then chicken and cook until opaque all over. Strain and remove excess oil from wok. Add ginger, scallion and stir-fry. Add chicken and garlic. Then add Peking Stir-Fry Sauce, fermented black beans and chicken stock. Add sugar, then a dash of white pepper. Thicken with a cornstarch slurry (thin paste of cornstarch and water) to your liking.
This recipe yields ?? servings.