- PAM ROTH
- I found this recipe about 2 months ago and have made it literally twice a week
- Have bought peaches at just about anywhere Icould find them, and bought a box at
- Trader Joe's yesterday, the last of the season they say.
- Only difference in the recipe, is I buy Trader Joe's MarinatedMozzarella Balls,
- and use the marinade oil in place of plain olive oil......We love this and it is
- so simple and refreshing.
- LOVE THIS!!!
- PEACH, MOZZARELLA AND BASIL SALAD from Real Simple website. By Kate Merker 2006
- 3 ripe peaches (peeled, if desired) i do not
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1" chunks ( i use less than that with the
- marinated balls )
- 2 tsp evoo ( i use maybe 1 tsp.+ marinade from container of mozzarella balls)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Cut each peach into 6 or 8 wedges, then cut in half crosswise.
In a large bowl, combinepeaches, basil and mozzarella. Drizzle with oil,
sprinkle with s and p, and toss.
You can cover and refrigerate the salad for up to several hours. Serve cold or
at room temp.