Light and Easy Pumpkin Custard Pie Recipe
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 22 g
Dietary fiber 1.2 g
Fat 5.3 g
Saturated fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 129 mg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup canned evaporated skim milk
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (orange peel), finely chopped
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup rum (you can substitute orange juice for the rum if you prefer)
- 1 pie crust
Adapted from webmd.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves on lowest speed. Beat in the pumpkin, vanilla, evaporated milk, orange peel, and egg whites.
Beat with electric mixer until nice and smooth. Fold in the rum.
Pour into prepared 9-inch, deep dish, unbaked pie crust and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F and bake for 45 minutes more or until knife inserted in the filling comes out clean.
Let cool and refrigerate until served. Serve with a little dollop of light whipping cream if desired.