Grilled Portobello Mushroom Eggplant Parmesan Rounds
from Cooking Light Magazine
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Small eggplant sliced thinly, about 2 cups
- 1/2 ½ cup prepared marinara sauce
- 4 oz. Sargento® Shredded Reduced Sodium Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 ½ oz. Sargento® Grated Parmesan & Romano Cheese
- 4 slices vine ripened tomato
- Basil leaves for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Salt sliced eggplant and let rest in colander for about 20 minutes while oven is heating. Rinse and pat eggplant slices dry. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and arrange on baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare mushroom caps. Wipe caps clean and then brush both sides with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper and place on grill pan gill side down. Grill caps for about 2 ½ minutes on each side on high heat with grill pan covered with a lid.
Assemble rounds. Mix together the mozzarella and parmesan and divide mixture into two small bowls. Set aside. Spoon a tablespoon of sauce onto grill side of mushroom caps then layer eggplant and a pinch of cheese mixture from one of the bowls on top of sauce. Repeat, alternating sauce, eggplant and cheese on all caps, ending with sauce, then one slice of tomato if desired. Top each round with the remaining cheese from the second bowl. Broil in oven for about 4 to 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Parmesan 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Grandma's Green Bean Casserole 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Simple & Perfect Beef Tenderloin -... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Peach Pie Moonshine 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp and Cabbage Stir Fry 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Jagerschnitzel (German pan fried... 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Malabar Spinach And Wild Mushroom... 3.8/5 (63 Votes)
- Vegan Hungarian Eggplant 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe