Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- 1 pound andouille sausage, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 8 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound long pasta of your choice
1. In a large, deep skillet, render the diced andouille in one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chopped onion and cook for four or five minutes.
3. Add the chopped garlic and red pepper flakes and continue to cook so the andouille starts to caramelize.
4. Meanwhile, put the pasta water on to boil.
5. Coat the peeled shrimp with two tablespoons of Cajun seasoning and set them aside.
6. Deglaze the sausage/onion/garlic pan with the Worcestershire sauce and cook for two minutes, stirring.
7. Add the milk and half-and-half to the pot and continue to stir and cook.
8. Add the butter and parmesan cheese and lower the heat on the sauce to simmer.
9. Cook the pasta according to the directions.
10. In a separate skillet over medium heat, saute the shrimp until they turn pink.
11. Toss the drained pasta in the sauce and serve the cooked shrimp on top. Garnish with some parsley and serve with crusty bread.