Impossible French Apple Pie
The pie that does the impossible by making it's own crust
- 6 cups sliced pared tart apples
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup bisquick baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp marg, or butter softened
- 1 cup bisquick
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp firm margarine or butter
Heat oven to 325F.
Grease 10x1 1/2" pie plate.
Mix apples & spices, turn into pie plate. Beat remaining 5 ingred. for 1 minute with hand beater & pour into plate.
Mix streusel until crumbly & sprinkle over
Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes
High altitude, heat oven to 350F. Use 5 cups thinly sliced apples. Bake 60-65 minutes