I Can't Believe It's Not Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 large butternut squash (large enough to yield 2 cups mashed flesh)
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters; Original
- 1/3 cup light vanilla soymilk
- 1/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA; Granular
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel squash and cut into large chunks (removing seeds).
Fill a large, microwave-safe dish with a half an inch of water. Place squash into dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for approximately 8 minutes (and drain).
Squash should be tender enough to mash, but not fully cooked. With a potato masher, food processor or fork, mash squash.
Measure out 2 generous cups, lightly packed, and place in an oven-safe baking dish. Add all ingredients except for marshmallows.
Mix ingredients thoroughly, but do not over-stir; squash should still be pulpy. Allow to cook for 45 – 50 minutes.
Remove from oven, and disperse marshmallows over top of pie. Return to oven for 5 minutes, until marshmallows begin to brown. Allow to cool. Serves 4.