Spaghetti al Pomodoro(Spaghetti with tomato sauce)
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic(peeled and chopped)
- 1 28-oz can peeled whole san marzano tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves(minced)
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Freshly grated permigiano-reggiano
1.) Heat oil in an earthenware or enameled cast-iron pot over medium heat. Add garlic and saute'. stirring frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, along with the juice from the can. Season to
taste with salt and pepper.
2.) Increase heat to high, bring sauce to a boil, and cool until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring ocasionally, for about 30 minutes. Add basil leaves and cook for 15 minutes more.
3.) Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 10-12 minutes. Drain in a colander, add pasta to sauce, and stir well. Serve with parmigiano.