Biggest Loser Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot or onion
- 4 quarter size slices peeled fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic - add last - do not brown
- 1 1/2 cups (one 14.5 ounce can) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup 1% milk (or fat free)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and ginger and saute until softened, about 1 minute.
Add garlic and tomatoes to the saucepan. Simmer until mixture begins to thicken, about 4 minutes. Add broth and milk and just bring to a boil.
Carefully transfer soup to the bowl of a food processor or a blender jar. Or use an Immersion Blender. Process until smooth. Return to the saucepan and serve immediately.
3/4 cup serving
1.5 g fat
360 mg sodium
2 dietary fiber
5 g sugar
2 g protein