Elderberry Pomegranate Gummies
These gummies may be a treat, but they sneak in major health boons with elderberry, pomegranate, and gelatin!
- 1 cup water
- 1 organic pomegranate
- 2 TB and 2 tsp organic dried elderberries
- 2 organic clove buds
- 1 organic cinnamon stick
- zest of an organic orange and just half its juice
- 1 TB grassfed gelatin
- 1 TB raw organic honey
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Remove the pomegranate arils. I just slice it open and remove the arils in a bowl of cold water. The pith floats to the top. Discard the pith and drain the water.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the arils, elderberries, cinnamon stick, cloves, zest, and juice to a simmer. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
Remove the saucepan from heat. Pour the mixture into a colander and strain the liquid. Using a potato masher get as much juice as you can from the berries and arils. **Discard the arils and berries if you want, I stored them in the fridge and sprinkled them on my salads until they were gone. Delish!
Whisk in the gelatin until dissolved. At this point I'd recommend grabbing a candy thermometer. Check the liquid's temperature. Once the mixture drops below 115° F, you may stir in the raw honey. Adding raw honey to a hot mixture can compromise the raw honey’s pollens or enzymes - a.k.a. the benefits!
Pour into an 8x8 casserole and chill in the fridge until set.
Either slice into squares or cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
You'll also love
- Fresh Herb and Salt-Rubbed Roasted... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Seeded Butternut Squash Braid 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Quinoa Salad with Mango -... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Saffron, date, and almond rice 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Raspberry Orange Cornbread 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts With... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- POMEGRANATE MARTINIS (BONE FISH... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)