Chef Jim's Indiana Corn Pudding
- 1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
- 1 (1 lb) can cream-style corn
- 1 (1 lb) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 scallion, chopped (optional)
- paprika or Creole seasoning for sprinkling top
- Optional: add 1/4 cup bacon bits or chopped green chiles (dried in paper towels)
Preheat oven top 350 degrees F. Grease a 12x8x2-inch baking dish
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend well. Pour into prepared baking dish or mini loaf pans, sprinkle paprika/seasoning over top.
Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and cooked through.