Berry-mandarin Tossed Salad
- 14 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 114 tsp lemon juice
- 12 tsp paprika
- 12 tsp ground mustard
- 12 tsp onion (grated)
- 14 tsp celery seed
- 1 dash salt
- 13 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cup salad greens (torn mixed)
- 2 cup strawberries (sliced fresh)
- 11 oz mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 sweet onion (sliced and separated into rings)
- 13 cup slivered almond (toasted)
- 4 slice bacon (cooked and crumbled)
Adapted from yummly.com
1 In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
2 Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved.
3 Whisk in oil.
4 Cover and refrigerate until serving.
5 In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, oranges, onion, almonds and bacon.
6 Drizzle with dressing; gently toss.