Mushroom and Broccoli Quinoa
Mushroom and Broccoli Quinoa is a great side dish.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped cremini or button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cups fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Sauté the broccoli, mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Combine the quinoa, stock and pinch of nutmeg in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the quinoa is completely tender and water is absorbed.
Add the cooked quinoa to the broccoli and mushrooms. Gently stir in the parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Yogurt Muffins 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef Olé 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cranberry Amish Friendship... 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Glaze 3.8/5 (41 Votes)
- Chili-Orange Shrimp with Broccoli... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Warm Mushroom Salad With Bacon,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Mom's Creamy Chicken & Broccoli... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)