Mushrooms Stuffed with Crab
Mushrooms are stuffed with a savory crab mixture, then broiled. Great party fare or for a special family meal.
- 50 medium mushrooms; at least 8 oz. crabmeat; 1 egg; 1 - 1 1/2 teas. mayonnaise; 1 teas. white wine; 1 c. bread crumbs or saltine crackers, crushed (or more if you’re broke); 1 - 2 tab. fresh parsley or parsley flakes;
- 1/2 teas. dry mustard; 1/2 - 1 teas. Worcestershire sauce; 1 small jar Hellman’s horseradish sauce (may be hard to find but important ingredient); 1 jar of Hellman’s Tartar sauce; Pam Spray;
- butter for oiling cookie sheet; tin foil
Wash mushrooms well, and pop stems out of them. Make sure they are very dry before adding their stuffing or you will end up with a delicious but soggy appetizer.
Wash and drain crabmeat. In bowl, mix everything well, except the mushrooms. Place tin foil over cookie sheet. Spray Pam over the tin foil. Liberally spread butter over cookie sheet. Fill caps with as much staffing as possible; okay if over top. Bake at 300 - 350oF for 10 - 15 mins. Watch CAREFULLY. Then turn on top rack of broiler for 1 - 2 mins. Watch every 30 secs. Optional Dip: 2 parts tartar sauce to 1 part horseradish sauce. Mix well. Recipe can be prepared ahead of time, except for bread crumbs.
You'll also love
- Smoky Barbecued Beef Brisket 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Poke Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Buttermilk Rhubarb Bundt Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta-shrimp with spinach (sausage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Crema 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushrooms with Chipotles (Hongos... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Kabob 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)