Polynesian Pork With Pineapple Rice
- 1 1 / 2 pounds thick-cut boneless pork chops, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons teriyaki marinade mix
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (14- to 16-ounce) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1 / 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 / 4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons coarse-chopped cashews, optional
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut pork chops into bite-size pieces; toss with 2 teaspoons teriyaki mix. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork to hot oil; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add stir-fry vegetables; toss to combine. Set aside.
In a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish, combine uncooked rice, crushed pineapple with juices, broth, pineapple juice and remaining 2 teaspoons teriyaki mix; stir until well mixed.
Spoon pork, vegetables and any cooking juices over rice mixture. Cover. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed. Garnish with cashews, if desired