Chinese Crab and Egg Soup (Hai Yook Dahn Gung)
- 6 cup (1.5 L) fish or chicken stock
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 12 oz (340 g) fresh, frozen, or canned crab meat
- Thinly sliced scallions (spring onions) for garnish
Bring the stock to a simmer in a pot over moderate heat. Add the eggs slowly in a thin stream while gently stirring the soup and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and simmer until the soup is slightly thickened. Add the crab meat and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve garnished with sliced scallions. Serves 4 to 6.