GRATIN OF SWEETBREADS WITH GARLIC
- Sweetbread Gratin Filling
- Veal Sweetbreads 2-3 lbs.
- Ice Water 1 gallon
- Salt 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice 1 lemon
- Garlic, Minced To Paste 10 cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/2 cup
- Fresh Bread, Small Dice 1/2 cup
- Parmesan Cheese 1/4 cup
- Fresh Herbs, Minced 1 Tbsp.
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Gratin Topping
- Parmesan Cheese 1 cup
- Fresh Bread, small dice 4 cups
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/4 cup
- Pepper 1 Tbsp.
- Parsley, Minced 2 Tbsp.
1.Combine the ice water, salt, and lemon juice.
2.The sweetbreads need to sit in the ice water mixture for about 2 hours.
3.Remove the sweet breads from the water and remove any excess sinew and connective tissue, and fat.
4.Slice the cleaned sweetbreads into ½ inch thick slices.
5.Season the sweetbreads with salt and pepper.
6.Combine the minced garlic, olive oil, diced bread, parmesan, and herbs together.
7.Rub the sweetbreads with the garlic mixture, and place in a shallow casserole dish or half hotel pan.
8.Mix the gratin topping together.
9.Top the sweetbreads with the gratin mixture.
10.Bake in a 350° oven for about 15-20 minutes until brown and crispy on top and the filing is bubbling.
11.Serve hot and crispy.