Pork: Paleo/Nectarine and Onion Pork Chop recipe
- 6 pork chops, bone-in;
- 3 nectarines, quartered;
- 1 large onion, quartered;
- 2 tsp Dijon or homemade mustard;
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice;
- 1/4 fresh mint, coarsely chopped;
- 2 tbsp cooking fat + extra for rubbing the chops, melted;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
Combine the nectarine and onion quarters in a bowl along with the 2 tbsp cooking fat and season the mixture to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Heat a skillet over a medium heat, add the nectarine and onion mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the nectarine quarters have softened, about 8 minutes.
Set the cooked mixture aside to cool in a bowl. Wipe the skillet clean to cook the pork chops.
Rub some additional cooking fat over the pork chops on both sides and season them to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat to skillet to a medium heat.
Add the chops to the hot skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until well cooked.
While the pork chops are cooking, cut the cooked nectarine and onion quarters into 1/4-inch thick slices. Add the slices back to the bowl with their juices.
Add the lemon juice, mustard and chopped mint to the nectarine and onion preparation and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve the cooked pork chops topped with a generous portion of the nectarine and onion preparation.
You'll also love
- Quick Fix Beef Burrito Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Cod with Cabbage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Golden Peach Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp Polenta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Asian Pears 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sirloin Steak Dianne 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Chops with an Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Brie & Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)