Halloween Blood Red Sangria Cocktail
Here’s a recipe for the grown ups and prefect timing for the Spooky Halloween season! Citron vodka, orange liqueur, and sangria simple syrup.
- SANGRIA SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine, such as Merlot or Zinfandel
- 1 cup dark sweet cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Strips of orange peel from 1 medium orange (orange part only)
- SANGRIA COCKTAIL:
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces citron vodka
- 1 ounce clear orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 ounce sangria simple syrup, chilled
- 1 dark sweet cherry on a cocktail pick
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, mix sangria simple syrup ingredients. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let cool 30 minutes. Strain mixture through fine mesh strainer; discard solids. Cover and chill sangria syrup until ready to use. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka and orange liqueur to cocktail shaker; cover and shake. Strain into martini glass. Drizzle sangria syrup into cocktail in glass. Garnish with cherry.
Use a vegetable peeler to remove strips of orange peel. Be sure to remove only the orange part of the peel; the white part, called pith, is bitter.
You'll also love
- Malasadas, Hawaiian Donuts 4/5 (153 Votes)
- Halloween Oreo Chocolate Cookie... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Butterscotch Peach Snack Cake 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Halloween Acorn Squash Soup 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Rosemary Crush Cocktails 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Sangria Moscato 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Red Sangria 4.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Halloween Orange Sherbet Punch 4.3/5 (43 Votes)