Spiced Lavender Scented Citrus Salad
A little sunshine from my California Citrus Grove. Citrus Fruit Salad, it makes a refreshing, light, dessert or afternoon snack.
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used Turbinado Raw Sugar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Lavender leaves and flowers (optional)
- 3 cups assorted citrus fruit (I used pink grapefruit, grapefruit and navel oranges)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from atableforrue.blogspot.com
Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the star anise, whole cloves, whole allspice, dried red pepper flakes and lavender leaves if available. Boil for 2 minutes, watching carefully so as not to burn. Remove from heat and let cool.
Peel the citrus fruit, removing all the pith and seeds. Cut into bite-size pieces and place in a glass bowl; pour spiced syrup over all, stir to mix. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours. Serve in a clear bowl to show off the pretty colors. Garnish with fresh lavender flowers.
You'll also love
- Classic Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Bread 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon mustard pork roast 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Lavender Lemonade using Lavender... 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Lavender Jelly 3.9/5 (61 Votes)
Review this recipe