- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- demerara or granulated sugar for dusting
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from southernkissed.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray.
2. Peel bananas and place in a microwave safe shallow bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
4. Whip butter on high-speed in large bowl of an electric mixer. Add brown sugar and mix until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla.
5. Slowly pour banana “juice” into batter in mixer and blend. (Remember that there are eggs in the batter and the juice is still hot/warm. You have to temper the batter.)
6. Add bananas and mix until incorporated.
7. Add flour and mix until smooth.
8. Pour into prepared pan and Sprinkle top with sugar. Bake for 55 minutes or until done.
9. Remove to wire rack and allow to cool.
You'll also love
- Spring Orzo 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon mustard pork roast 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream with Salted... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam - Reduced... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Super Easy Banana Avocado Mint Ice... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe