Mile-High Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3 eggs, separated and divided
- 4.3-oz. pkg. lemon pudding mix
- 1/3 c. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/4 c. milk
- 9-inch pie crust, baked
- 1/4 t. cream of tartar
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 6 T. sugar
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.com
Blend sour cream and egg yolks; stir in lemon pudding mix, lemonade and milk. Pour into a double boiler and cook, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to thicken, remove from heat and pour into pie crust.
Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Continue to beat, adding sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until egg whites are stiff. Spread over pie filling, being sure meringue touches edges of crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
Serves 6 to 8.
You'll also love
- Curried Pumpkin Carrot Soup 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Diamants Chocolat Framboise:... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Bread 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange Butter 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Oeey Gooey Bars 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Homemade Lemon MERINGUE PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HOMEMADE LEMON MERINGUE PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)