Make your own version of Almond Roca at home! Toffee, chocolate and almonds are a stellar combo. New to toffee making? Pick a dry day for best results.
- 1 1/2 cups toasted almonds, chopped, divided
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup salted butter
- 4 bars milk chocolate candy, such as Hershey's Bars
Adapted from recipegirl.com
Butter a 7 by 11 inch pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of toasted almonds on bottom of the pan. Set aside.
In heavy saucepan at medium-high heat melt butter and add brown sugar. Stir until gently boiling.
Reduce heat to medium or medium-low and boil until a candy thermometer reads 300°F or the hard crack stage, about 12 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir to thoroughly blend butter and sugar. Pour hot mixture into pan over almonds.
Place chocolate bars on top of warm toffee. When melted, spread chocolate carefully. Sprinkle with remaining toasted almonds and gently press them into the chocolate.
Cool completely. Break into chunks with a sharp knife. Store in a covered container.
Toffee doesn't like humidity, so make it on a dry day!
You'll also love
- Saltine Toffee 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Candied Pecans 4.3/5 (148 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Sugared Pecans 3.9/5 (138 Votes)
- Spiced Pork in Parmesan Cups 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Vegan Stuffing 4/5 (26 Votes)
- White Castle Turkey Stuffing 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- No Bake Pecan Coconut Praline... 3.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Manchego & Marcona Almond Cheese... 3.9/5 (7 Votes)