Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted pumpkin seeds make a great healthy snack during the Fall! And this recipe gives you a reason to buy more pumpkins and make more jack o'lanterns! Package these seeds up in decorative bags, boxes, or tins and gift to all of your family and friends during the fall season. These roasted pumpkin seeds are perfect to top anything from salads to salmon, or anything that just needs a little smoky crunch.
- Seeds from one large pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, not garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked paprika is a great alternative
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder, not onion salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from inbetweenbites.com
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Separate seeds from pumpkin innards, but do not rinse!
In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and salt.
Place pumpkin seeds onto a sheet pan.
Sprinkle on 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mixture and toss to coat the seeds.
Spread pumpkin seeds out so they are in a single layer on your sheet pan.
Roast for 15 minutes.
Use a metal spatula to un-stick the pumpkin seeds from the bottom of the sheet pan. Shuffling them around a bit to expose any moist parts.
Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of seasoning over the pumpkin seeds.
Roast for 15 minutes more.
Again, using a metal spatula, toss the pumpkin seeds around to ensure they are roasting evenly.
Roast for an additional 5-10 minutes until slightly golden and completely dry.
Leave on sheet pan to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
You can also scrape up the bits of seasoning that are stuck to the pan and place it in the jar with the roasted seeds.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin, Caramel & Pecan Cheesecake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Elvis Presleys favorite "Potato... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Marshmallow Easter Bark 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cocoa-Nut Upside-Down Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Marshmallow Popcorn Balls 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Spicy Fried Mixed Nuts 4.5/5 (17 Votes)