No Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Layered Cake
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 28 chocolate graham crackers (12 oz total)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Read more: http://www.heatovento350.com/2012/10/no-bake-pumpkin-chocolate-layered-cake.html#ixzz2iytIrIVH
Beat cream cheese and sugars in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Then beat in pumpkin, half-and-half, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
Lay enough graham crackers in a 9- by 9-in. pan to cover bottom (cut to fit if necessary). Spread a quarter of pumpkin mixture over crackers with an offset spatula. Layer 3 more times, ending with pumpkin mixture.
Cover; chill overnight. Dust with cocoa, cut cake into squares and serve.
Note: To serve it on a plate (out of the pan), line pan with plastic wrap so it hangs over the edges. Start your layers with a quarter of the pumpkin mixture, top with graham crackers, and repeat 3 times, ending with crackers. To serve, lift from pan using plastic wrap as handles. Hold a plate facedown on top of the cake and flip over together. Remove wrap, smooth with a spatula, and trim edges and dust with cocoa powder.