- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 cups corn kernels
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups milk
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 6-cup souffle or grain dish.
2. Using a whisk, beat the eggs well in a mixing bowl. Add the butter or margarine, sugar, vanilla, flour and salt to the egg mixture, and whisk again until the flour is incorporated. Add the corn, nutmeg and milk, and stir until blended.
3. Place in the souffle or gratin dish, and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the center is like custard.