Slow Cooked Bean, Kale and Sausage Stew
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil -
- andouille sausage links (13.5 ounces) -
- 1/2 pound dried navy beans -
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes - or 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water -
- 1 large beefsteak tomato - chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce -
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 celery stalk - chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 bay leaf -
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves -
- 3 cups kale - chopped
Adapted from pomanmeals.com
soak the navy beans in a large bowl of water overnight. drain, set aside.
preheat a large skillet over high heat. once hot, add the oil and sausage links. brown the sausage on all sides.
remove from the heat to a cutting board. sliced into bite sized rings.
add the reserved beans and sausage to the slow cooker, along with the remaining ingredients, except the kale. season with salt/pepper to taste.
cook on high for 4 hours or low for 5 - 6 hours or until the beans are tender and flavors marry.
pull all the stems off the kale. fill a sink with water and wash the kale in the sink until clean. drain well.
add the kale to the slow cooker, taste and season accordingly.
soup w kale
cook for 1 hour on high or 1 and 1/2 hours on low.
You'll also love
- Cocunut Lime Butter Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta Fagioli in the Crockpot~... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BEEFMAN CHILI I 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and White Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- soup-Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Spinach Quinoa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale Slaw with Toasted Walnuts 5/5 (1 Votes)