Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Pie Crust
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup peas
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (turkey works as well for a post-Thanksgiving meal)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- A splash of white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh thyme to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 whole unbaked pie crusts
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons water
Preheat the oven to 375F
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat, then add onion and carrots. Cook until onions start to turn translucent, stirring frequently
Stir in the chicken and peas, and sprinkle flour over. Stir until well combined with the vegetables. cook for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth and wine, and stir around to allow to thicken.
Once the mixture starts to thicken, add turmeric, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Add cream, then stir and allow the mixture to bubble and thicken (about 3 minutes).
Line a baking dish (2-quarts or so for family serving) with a pie crust, then pour in the filling. Roll out the second pie crust on top of the dish.
Press the edges of the dough together to seal, and use a knife or a fork to cut vents into the top of the pie.
Mix together the egg and water, then brush over the surface.
Place the pot pie on a rimmed baking sheet and lightly cover the crust with foil. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until the crust is a golden brown.
You'll also love
- Country Farm Chicken Casserole 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Phyllo Rolls 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pasta Salad With Chicken 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken-Ramen Noodle Pot Pie 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Air Fried Panko Chicken 3.8/5 (50 Votes)
- Classic Vegetable & Chicken Pot... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)