Cheesy Corn Chowder
- 1 Small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 medium Red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Idaho® Spuds™ Classic Flakes
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 Chicken bouillon cubes + 2 cups water OR 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can creamed corn
- Pinch sweetener of choice
- Pinch Salt and Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup Grated low fat cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded or chopped. Additional corn and/or cooked bacon, crumbled for topping.
Adapted from idahospuds.com
Gather ingredients, chop and wash veggies, and open can of creamed corn. Add everything except for the cheddar and parmesan cheese (and optional toppings, if using) to a large pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium low and cover. Cook on medium low heat for about 45 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
After cooking, ladle or pour contents from the pot into a blender. Blend until vegetables are just smooth, (or until completely smooth if you prefer a smoother chowder).
Pour everything back into the pot and stir in the cheddar and parmesan cheese until everything is well-combined. Stir in optional corn and/or cooked chicken if desired for a more textured soup, or top with additional cheese and/or bacon if you wish!