- 2/3 cup water (70-80')
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
Cooking time 105mins
Proof the yeast in the water with a tablespoon of the brown sugar, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile blend the spices, salt, flour and the rest of the brown sugar together in a bowl. Add the mashed pumpkin to the proofed yeast blending well, then add the dry ingredients mix until a dough ball forms on your dough hook.
Remove the dough from your mixer bowl and hand kneed for 10 minutes adding more flour as desired to make a firm dough.
Place the dough back into the mixing bowl cover and let rise until double in bulk.
Shape the dough into a log (like your making cinnamon rolls) cut into 9 equal pieces, shape each piece by making a balloon shape with the wadded side on the bottom put your thumb through the top making a hole in the middle, now shape your bagel so it is uniform around, then set it aside on a lightly floured parchment paper and repeat 8 more times.
Let the dough rest.
Bring a pan of water to boil with couple of healthy tablespoons of honey added to it. Boil each bagel 1 minute on both sides removing from the water with a slotted spoon and setting aside on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake at 400' for 20 minutes if the bottoms appear a little sticky turn them over and leave in the oven for a minute or two more. Let cool and enjoy
You'll also love
- Pork Souvlaki 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Spinach and Broccoli Stromboli 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Raisin Bran Muffins W. W. Points... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Beet & Quinoa Salad With Walnuts &... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Greek Spaghetti Squash Toss 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- New York Cinnamon-Raisin Bagels 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Homemade Bagels**** 0/5 (0 Votes)