Classic Red Wine Sangria
A pitcher or punch bowl full of fruity sangria gets any party off to a great start! Make the syrup ahead so you can enjoy the party as much as your guests.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 3 black peppercorns
- 2 allspice berries
- 2 cloves
- 1 whole star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 bottles medium-bodied fruity red wine like Grenache
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into small wedges
- 2 nectarines, pitted and cut into small wedges
- Club soda
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, allspice berries, cloves, star anise, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Strain into a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large pitcher or punch bowl, stir together spiced syrup, wine, brandy, triple sec, peaches, and nectarines. Refrigerate 2 hours or as long as overnight.
When ready to serve, pour the sangria into ice-filled glasses and top with club soda. Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.
You'll also love
- Malasadas, Hawaiian Donuts 4/5 (120 Votes)
- Peaches & Cream Muffin - Starbucks... 4.2/5 (69 Votes)
- Deluxe Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Drunken Cookie Monster Cocktail 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Cheesy Hawaiian Dip 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Rajas con Queso Mini Tamales 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Pineapple Rosemary Crush Cocktails 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Champagne Jello Shots 4.5/5 (33 Votes)