These cute little ladybug cracker appetizers are perfect for an April fool's day spring or summer party. These are the kind of bugs yo want to be at your party!
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Black food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 36 butter flavored crackers
- 18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 18 small black olives
- 72 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inches long)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from navywifecook.com
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Remove 1 tablespoon to a small dish and tint black. Place the black cream cheese mixture in a small plastic bag; set aside.
Add the chives, garlic salt and parsley to the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread over crackers. Arrange two tomato quarters on each for the ladybug wings.
For heads, halve the olives widthwise; place one half on each cracker. Insert two chives into olives for antennae. Spin a tiny corner off the plastic bag with the black cream cheese mixture and pipe spots onto the wings.
You'll also love
- Baked Rigatoni with Roasted... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pineapple Jam (Made Easy) 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Fried Pickles 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Don Pablo's Spoon Bread 3.8/5 (122 Votes)
- Cheese Straws 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Edamame & Ricotta Toasts 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Creepy Caterpillar Recipe 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Dirty Q-Tips Halloween Treats 4.2/5 (17 Votes)