Peppered Filets with Horseradish Cream Sauce
This beef tenderloin recipe is a family favorite that's quick and always satisfying. The creamy sauce has the perfect balance of horseradish and mustard.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
* Sprinkle steaks with 1 tablespoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
* In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
* Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter.
* Stir in the flour and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add cream.
* Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
* Stir in horseradish and mustard. Serve with steaks.
Yield: 4 servings.