Pumpkin Bread with pumpkin butter cream - by Karin
Pumpkin Bread with a butter cream frosting.
- 1 3/4cups1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2large2 large eggs
- 3/4cup3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar (You can substituted light brown sugar)
- 1/3cup1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest (I omitted this)
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest (I left this out, too)
- 1/2cup1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4cups1 1/4 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2cup1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans or walnuts
- PUMPKIN BUTTER CREAM FROSTING
- 1/4cup1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2Tablespoons2 Tablespoons canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3cups3 cups powdered sugar
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons half & half or milk
- 1/4 to 1/3cup1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional, for sprinkling on top
- After frosting the cooled pumpkin loaf, sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnuts if desired.
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 95mins
optional (I didn’t add the nuts to the batter, but sprinkled them on top of the frosted loaf instead)
Position your oven rack in the middle of the oven, and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5″ loaf pan; set aside.
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice in a medium bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined; set aside.
In another bowl, or bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs on medium-high speed for two minutes or until lightened in color. Add the brown sugar, mixing for about 2 minutes, then the granulated sugar, mixing for about 1 minute. Add the orange and lemon zests, if using, and beat for another minute. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
Drizzle in the canola oil with beater on medium-low. Reduce speed to low and add the pumpkin puree. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients in two additions and blend for 10-15 seconds just until incorporated. Fold in the pecans using a rubber spatula.
Spoon the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
If you’re going to frost the loaf, you can make the frosting while the loaf is cooling…