Seared Beef Tenderloin Filet with Béarnaise Sauce
- Béarnaise Sauce:
- 1 beef tenderloin (6-8lbs)
- salt & black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 3 T minced shallots
- 1 T chopped fresh tarragon
- 2-3 T water
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- Juice of half a lemon, salt, white pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
Cooking time 40mins
PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees with a rack in the center.
TRIM tenderloin and cut into 6-8oz filets; season each filet with salt and pepper. Heat an ovenproof sauté pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
SEAR filets in oil on one side for 4-5 minutes. Turn them over, place the pan in the oven, and roast to desired doneness:
(RARE SEAR 5 MINUTES, ROAST 5 MINUTES REST 5 MINUTES,)
(MEDIUM RARE: SEAR 5 MINUTES, ROAST 7 MINUTES, REST 5 MINUTES)
(MEDIUM: SEAR 5 MINUTES, ROAST 9 MINUTES, REST5 MINUTES).
Remove pan from the oven, transfer filets to a plate, tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
SERVE with Béarnaise sauce.
BRING vinegar, wine, shallots and tarragon to a boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Boil until most of the liquid evaporates , about 5 minutes.
OFF heat, add water then whisk in egg yolks until frothy.
GRADUALLY drizzle in butter, whisking constantly to incorporate. Sauce should be thick, but thin it with a little water if needed. If it is too thin, return it to low heat and whisk constantly until thickened.
STRAIN sauce through a medium mesh strainer into a heatproof cup. Season with lemon juice, salt, white pepper, and cayenne. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Loaded Baked Potato Shepherd's Pie 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread with pumpkin butter... 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Marinated Boneless Center Cut Pork... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Burgers with Mushrooms and... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin - 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- David Venable's Bacon-Wrapped Beef... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)