Fresh Asparagus and Cheese Pasta
- 1/2 bunch fresh Asparagus
- 250 gms. Penne Pasta or as per choice
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsps. Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese or other as desired
- 2 tbsps. Light Cream
- 1 tbsp. Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp. dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Cut off the tips of the asparagus spears and retain them.
Lightly blanch the asparagus tips in boiling salted water until just tender.
Plunge the blanched asparagus tips in cold water to retain the fresh green color.
Cook the pasta al dente or as per packet instructions. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water and discard the remaining water.
Heat olive oil in a skillet/wok or a sufficiently large pan.
Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Do not burn.
Add the pasta, chili flakes, oregano, cream and toss well. Add the reserved pasta water if necessary; just enough to keep the pasta moist.
Add salt and pepper. Lastly add the blanched asparagus tips and cheese and give it a good toss. Taste to check the seasoning.
Serve immediately in individual bowls topped with some more grated cheese and drizzled with more olive oil.
Variation - add some grilled or pre-cooked chicken if desired.
You'll also love
- Graham Cracker Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Best-Ever Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Linguine with Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe