Baked Potato Pizza
I love mashed potatoes. I love bacon. And I love pizza. Bring it all together and you get this!
- 4-5 large potatoes, cut into quarters (I prefer skin on, but this is up to preference)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 large pizza crust (I buy pre-made, you can make your own if you choose)
- 1 cup broccoli florets (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1 cup cheese of your choice
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (optional)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Prep your pizza crust. If you're making your own, make it while the potatoes come to a boil. If you are using store-bought, then take it out of the package now.
In a large pot, cover the potato quarters with water. Bring to a boil. When the potatoes are fork tender, drain them and discard the water. Put the potatoes back in the pot and mash them however you prefer. I use a fork, and mix in the butter, milk, sour cream and garlic. I will also mix in half of the bacon and half of the green onion. Salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the potatoes on the pizza crust. It should end up begin an inch thick. When it's spread to your preference, top the pizza with the rest of the bacon, the remaining green onions, and the broccoli. You can put whatever other toppings you choose on now--diced tomatoes, diced red pepper, whatever you think should go with a baked potato pizza. Top all ingredients with the cheese.
Cook in the oven at 350 till the cheese is melted and golden. Serve with a side of sour cream and salsa.