From Pillsbury Kitchen's Cookbook (1979) - My favorite pumpkin bread recipe, it's moist and delish!!
- 15-16 oz can (2 cups) pumpkin
- 3 cups (680g) sugar
- 1 cup (200g) oil
- 2/3 cup (157g) water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups (420g) flour*
- 2 tsp soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
350 degrees (325 degrees for dark pans)
1. SPRAY 2 loaf pans or 6 mini loaf pans with baking spray.
2. BLEND first 5 ingredients in large mixing bowl - medium speed for 1 minute.
3. ADD remaining ingredients; blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
4. POUR into pans.
5. BAKE 60-75 minutes for loaf pans; 20-30 minutes for mini loaf pans until center is cooked through.
6. COOL 5 minutes in pans; remove and cool completely. I put the mini loaves into decorative cellophane bags.
Optional - add chocolate chips and or nuts.
*Self-rising flour is not recommended.