Classic Turkey Tetrazzini
Turkey Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 package (16oz) spaghetti
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 9 TBSPs butter, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cups milk
- 1 TBSPs chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 4 tsps minced fresh parsley
1) Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute onions in 6 tablespoons butter until tender. Add mushrooms and red pepper; saute 4-5 minutes longer.
2) Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually whisk in milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey and Parmesan cheese; heat through. remove from the heat.
3) Drain spaghetti; add to turkey mixture and mix well. Transfer to one greased 13X9X2 inch baking dish and one greased 11X7X2 inch backing dish.
4) Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casseroles. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.