Loaded Potato Soup
- 4 (6-ounce) red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
1. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 13 minutes or until tender. Cut in half; cool slightly.
2. While potatoes cook, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk; add to pan with 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; stir often. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
3. Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel; microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Crumble bacon.
4. Discard potato skins. Coarsely mash potatoes into soup. Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon.