Spinach-Artichoke French Bread Pizza
- Spinach-Artichoke French Bread Pizza
- Serves 4
- Tags: snacks appetizers brunch dinner lunch pizza rice, grains and breads eggs vegetables 30 Minute Meals sauté bake simmer Submitted by
- Rachael Ray
- on 02/26/09
- Photo credit: Tina RuppFast, easy and economical.
- Advertisement Ingredients•1 baguette, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Two boxes frozen spinach (10 ounces each box), thawed and squeezed dry
- One box frozen artichoke hearts (9 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
PreparationPre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Arrange the bread on a baking sheet.
In a medium skillet, melt the butter with the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute, then whisk in the milk and season with the nutmeg. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Pull the spinach apart, then add to the sauce. Fold in the artichokes and cook until heated through. Stir in the Parmigiano Reggiano, season with salt and remove from the heat.
Spread the spinach and artichoke mixture on the bread and top with the mozzarella. Bake until the cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Top with the thyme.