Eggs - Portobello Mushroom and Caramelized Shallot Omelet
Simple Vegetarian Pleasures
- 6 tsp Butter, divided
- 4 golf ball-size shallots, each quartered
- Pinch sugar
- 4 portohello mushrooms (3-inch diameter), stems discarded and caps sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons soft mild goat cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat Add the shallots and sugar and toss. Lower the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Cook the shallots until they are soft and brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the cover and toss occasion-
ally Scrape the shallots into a bowl, then wash the pan.
2. Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter over medium heat in the same skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute until brown and juicy about I0 minutes. Stir in the shallots, salt, pepper, and tarragon. Gently stir in the goat cheese. Keep the mixture hot.
3. In a medium-size bowl beat the eggs with the water and some salt to taste.
4. Make the omelets one at a time. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in an 8”inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is very hot, pour in half of the egg mixture. It should immediately set at the edges. With an inverted spatula push the set egg toward the center and tip the pan to let the liquid run back to the edge. When most of egg is cooked, spoon half of the hot filling onto one side of the omelet. Immediately fold
the omelet in half and Hip it onto a plate.
You'll also love
- Beans and Escarole Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Pie-Convection 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans with Pecans & Maple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Mushroom Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Veal Shank with mushrooms... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Steak with Warm Shallot... 0/5 (0 Votes)